3.1 Health Safety, Environmental and Welfare General Policy Statement
This Statement recognises the obligations of A+B Installations Ltd under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
A+B Installations Ltd in the conduct of its activities will ensure that it:-
- Protects the Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees and others who may be affected by its activities.
- Limits adverse effects on and adjacent to the area in which those activities are carried out.
- Meets its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health.
The Company will also so far as is reasonably practicable: –
- Provide and maintain safe working environments that are without risks to health, safety and welfare or the environment.
- Set standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health safety and welfare with regard to the effect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities, processes and working systems.
- Ensure that when new substances, plant machinery, equipment processes or premises are introduced adequate guidance, instruction, training and supervision are provided for safe methods of work to be developed.
- Train all employees to be aware of their own responsibilities in respect of relevant health and safety matters and ensure they participate in the prevention of accidents and cooperate with measures taken to prevent industrial disease.
- Ensure that Contractors undertaking work for the Company are informed of the relevant standards required and are monitored to ensure compliance without detracting from the Contractors’ legal responsibilities to comply with statutory requirements.
- Promote good health amongst employees and be concerned with the prevention of occupational and non-occupational disorders and diseases.
- Co-operate with appropriate Authorities and Technical Organisations to ensure policies are updated and Standards reviewed to reflect best practice.
- Undertake inspection, audit and review activities to ensure the Company’s objectives for Health and Safety and Welfare are being met.
This Policy, supported by Instructions; Procedures, Organisational Arrangements and Documentation as presented in the site specific Project Health & Safety File, will be applied to all site activities carried out by the Company.
This Policy will be enforced by all Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Foremen and be observed and self regulated by all Employees.
- The Responsibilities for determining the Company’s policies on Health, Safety and Welfare matters including revision of this Policy lies with the Directors of A+B Installations Ltd
- The Board of Directors has appointed Andrew Holmes, Managing Director as having particular responsibility for Health, Safety and Welfare. In the event of difficulties arising from the implementation of this Policy, reference must be made to Mr Holmes who co-ordinates all Health and Safety matters.
- Day to day safety on site shall be the responsibility of the appointed site supervisor. This will include assuring that risk assessments are completed and safe methods of working are observed as per the Method Statements.
- Each employee has been trained to recognise personal responsibility for observing the Company’s Safety Policy, Instructions and Procedures and should develop interest and enthusiasm in health, safety and welfare issues
- The implementation of this Policy will be undertaken by the Managers and Staff of the Company supported by an Appointed Safety Adviser who will monitor compliance with the requirements and give advice on health, safety and welfare matters generally.
Arrangements for Environmental Protection The Company will conduct its business in a manner that conserves the environment and protects the safety and health of its employees, customers and the community.
This commitment is based on the following principles: –
- We shall provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Provide hygiene, occupational health, safety, hazardous materials transportation, and fire prevention programs.
- Train employees to fulfil their Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Provide hygiene and safety programs for controlling possible employee exposures to chemical, physical or other hazards in the workplace.
- Maintain records and investigate all workplace accidents and illnesses to correct promptly any unsafe conditions or practices.
- Inform visitors, contractors, and contract employees of appropriate safety and health policies and encourage full compliance with these policies.
- We shall protect the environment and the community. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Control and minimise air emissions, wastewater discharges, and waste generation.
- Maintain adequately staffed emergency response programs for protecting employees, the public, and the environment.
- Promote safe transportation of hazardous materials, including waste, through careful selection of vendors and transportation routes.
- We shall conserve natural resources. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Conserve energy and recycle materials as an integral part of business operations.
- Promote applications of our products and information technology for protecting the global environment.
- We shall communicate known hazards, along with necessary safety precautions, to our employees, customers, and the community. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Encourage employee involvement in the continued improvement of our overall environmental health and safety programme.
- Respond promptly to incidents involving our business operations by providing technical advice, resources for assistance, and effective communications.
- We shall evaluate potential hazards associated with our operations. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Support the development of improved methods of recycling and recovering materials through public and private initiatives.
- We shall consider full compliance with the law as being the minimum acceptable standard. In support of this principle, the company will: –
- Implement programmes to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct Environmental Health and Safety Programme Evaluations to ensure all facilities are in compliance with government regulations and company policies and procedures.